The Security Market

The global security market today has an estimated turnover of 62 billion dollars. The market is fragmented and the seven largest players Assa Abloy, United Technologies, Honeywell International, General Electric, Tyco International, Bosch and Ingersoll-Rand accounted jointly for 25 percent of the market. The remaining 75 percent is composed of smaller and usually local companies.

Urbanization, a sharp increase in crime and the fear of terrorism are the three of the driving forces behind growth in the securities markets for companies within security. They all contributed and accelerated issue of greater safety up the agenda of companies and got customers to demand more and more intellectual complex solutions.

For SECURINESS the process of urbanization, for example, resulted in expansion of the staff and competency areas that are among the main drivers in the market.